struct smb2_create_blob and function smb2_create_blob_add not flexible enough

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:26:26 MDT 2014

Hi folks,

I recently found that Windows inserts Extra Create Parameters (extra
info, I think we call them) into a CREATE request where the tag is a
binary GUID, not the string representation of a GUID. An example
capture is attached.

Currenly struct smb2_create_blob does not allow for this and neither
does smb2_create_blob_add.

I think I need to add a tag type to both or an explicit tag length.

What do people think is the best way around this?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe