samba_spnupdate invoked oom-killer ( samba BUG )

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:45:14 MDT 2014

Dear Volker,

Thank you for the effort.

However, I'm starting to wonder if this issue was caused by
non-active/unclear removed DC.

As during the testing phase, I've added an win2k8 AD DC but it was removed
later.

So I was wondering if that was the cause...

The reason I've such a statement is that I've restart my samba yesterday on
2:xx am..

And when I check back this morning on 9am on the Samba AD memory usage. (no
one have login yet or make change to the DC as what I can see form the log)
We are a Buddhist society and office start at 10am...
I already found one process accumulating memory... (

So I was starting to suspect that...

Any suggestion?

I'll restart samba again and later increase debug log to 3 or 5...

Btw, just found that log.samba is not following the log files size stated
on smb.conf
I think we have an bugs :)