posix locking on OCFS2

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Sat Nov 22 15:03:26 MST 2014

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:47:54 +0100, Ralph Böhme wrote:

> > Unfortunately, POSIX file locks, also known as lockf(3) or fcntl(2) locks
> > are not yet supported in a cluster manner. We hope to have that ready in an
> > upcoming version of Ocfs2.
>
> possibly a documentation bug? Few lines below it states:

Yes, the documentation is just out of date. OCFS2 (alongside DLM)
supports cluster coherent POSIX locks, which can be tested via the
ping_pong tool provided with ctdb.

I've reverted the erroneous Wiki update. FWIW, Jim documented this
back in 2011 with:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php?title=CTDB_Setup&diff=6046&oldid=5652

Cheers, David