ldbedit and backllinked attributes computation

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Sat Nov 22 10:49:01 MST 2014

Hi all,

lately I have been doing some more DC/RODC ldap cleansing. In one RODC I
had one reference to an old DC in the msDS-IsFullReplicaFor on the
dc=ForestDnsZones,dc=mydomain,dc=local entry (a demoted DC with the
\0ADEL flag). I saw this discrepancy throught the ldapcmp utility, the
source DC is clean (after some work), but it seems like it was not
properly propataged to the RODC for some reasons.

I realise it would be simpler to just re-join the RODC or try a
--sync-force, but I thought it was a good opportunity to look deeper in
the subject before doing a full resync.

Since this msDS-IsFullReplicaFor attribute is back link for
msDS-hasFullReplicaNCs, ApacheDirectoryStudio or ldbedit don't want to
delete the msDS-IsFullReplicaFor attribute, which if sounds like normal
behavior.

If I just delete the \0DEL entry with ldbdel, the backlink is not
updated, even after a restart. So my question is how and when are
triggered the backlink computation?

Cheers,

Denis

--