duplicate code in source3/lib/ctdb_conn.c

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:46:46 MST 2014

Hi folks,

In reading through the above code I have found about six copies of the
following code:

        r.hdr.length = offsetof(struct ctdb_req_message, data) + buflen;
        r.hdr.ctdb_magic = CTDB_MAGIC;
        r.hdr.ctdb_version = CTDB_PROTOCOL;
        r.hdr.generation = 1;
        r.hdr.operation  = CTDB_REQ_MESSAGE;
        r.hdr.destnode   = dst_vnn;
        r.hdr.srcnode    = conn->our_vnn;
        r.hdr.reqid      = 0;
        r.srvid          = dst_srvid;
        r.datalen        = buflen;

        DEBUG(10, ("ctdbd_messaging_send: Sending ctdb packet\n"));
        ctdb_packet_dump(&r.hdr);

        iov[0].iov_base = &r;
        iov[0].iov_len = offsetof(struct ctdb_req_message, data);
        iov[1].iov_base = discard_const_p(uint8_t, buf);
        iov[1].iov_len = buflen;

        nwritten = write_data_iov(conn->fd, iov, ARRAY_SIZE(iov));
        if (nwritten == -1) {
                DEBUG(3, ("write_data_iov failed: %s\n", strerror(errno)));
                cluster_fatal("cluster dispatch daemon msg write error\n");
        }

Sure, there are some minor differences, and in only one of them we set
the generation number, but surely we could use a function or a macro
to initialize the hdr and send the message rather than duplicating so
much code?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe