Patch: idmap_script idmapping module

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Nov 18 14:54:10 MST 2014

On 2014-11-18 at 21:36 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 18/11/14 21:31, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> >>OK, I give in, just what does it do ?? :-)
> >It does what the idmap_tdb2 with script module does but without the
> >tdb stuff in there. It is simply for those who want a fixed mapping
> >from SIDs to UIDs and they don't have such a mapping in LDAP or SFU or
> >whatever.
> >
> >I just built it without change under Samba 3.6.x as well (after some
> >Makefile magic.)
> >
> I think I understand, what you mean is that you can map the builtin
> SID's to an ID number, similar to what happens in idmap.ldb.

Not at all.
It calls an external local program ("script") to retrieve the mapping
instead of incrementing a counter in a database (idmap.ldb, and
winbindd idmap backends tdb, tdb2, ldap) or calculating
the mappings with an algorithm (rid and autorid backends)

Just read the "IDMAP SCRIPT" section in the idmap_tdb2 manpage
for the details on what Richard extracted from the tdb2 backend.

Cheers - Michael