Registry configuration looks cool, but how do you orchestrate things in a cluster

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Nov 18 10:54:35 MST 2014

On 17/11/14 20:47, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The registry-based config looks really cool, but how do you sequence
> things when you are bringing a cluster up?
>
> Eg, you have to get CTDB up.
>
> Then you have to join the domain on one node.
>
> Then you have tell CTDB to bring up Samba and Winbindd on all nodes.
Hi
I don't think samba works with ctdb ATM. We use the smbd from 4.1.6 with
sssd 1.12

and in any case, they don't recommend using the DC as a file server.

> Also, how does Samba notice that a new share has been defined etc.

We only have 2 nodes so it's quicker to copy using scp or simply type
out the new share on the other node. Is there an official method? rsync
maybe?
Cheers,
Steve
(maybe you'd get more varied answers from non coders over on the samba
list?)