'smbstatus --show' is showing dead CIFS connection info too?

sandeep nag sandeepnagamalli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 00:44:32 MST 2014

I have shared a directory from my linux box/server on which samba server is
installed. Now, I have mounted that samba share/export on 4 windows clients
using CIFS. Now, when I delete the export/share on samba server and execute
'smbstatus --show', it still shows me the 2 connections in the list.

I would like to know the command or function which can refresh the CIFS
connections info.

Please point me to the functions to look at, we are using samba 3.5.15 code.

Thanks in advance,

-Sandeep.