RAFT and CTDB

Mon Nov 17 00:41:13 MST 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 10:31:30AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> At SDC you mentioned that you have an implementation of RAFT and I
> assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you were thinking of using RAFT to
> manage things like recovery in CTDB.
>
> Can you tell me more about your ideas in this regard and point me at any code?

It's not finished yet, sorry. I have the basic algorithm and
configuration changes done, but log compaction is still
missing, so this is nothing for general consumption yet.

Apart from that, I want to have a dbwrap_raft eventually,
the main goal is to meet the persistence requirements that resilient
and persistent file handles need.

What would your project be?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de