Shell script escape when new user is created

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 09:37:52 MST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/11/14 20:06, Greg Zartman wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com

>> Again, I was just pointing out that we can't be the only distro with this
>> issue.  Interest in integrating Samba 4 into distros similar to SME Server
>> is just now picking up steam.  RHEL, for example, doesn't even provide AD
>> Samba Packages yet.  They are still trying to figure out how to best deploy
>> Active Directory across all of their services.  Moreover, there has movement
>> in the Centos community to develop a SIG
>> (http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup)  to figure out the best way to
>> deploy full Samba 4 support on Centos based distros.
>>
> The reason that RHEL (and therefore Centos) doesn't have Samba AD packages,
> is that they want to use MIT kerberos and not Heimdal. They have the client
> side of it working, but they are still having to work on the AD side.

It seems to work well in my modest testing with the internal Heimdal
enabled: The Sernet packages allegedly work well, and my personal
testing versions for building such RPM's at
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo also seem to work well

Simply using the internal Heimdal rather than the system provided MIT
Kerberos seems to work well. Samba seems to be a reasonable exception
to the rule of "always use the system libraries", because the Kerberos
libraries that are internal are not compatible with the system
libraries.