Shell script escape when new user is created

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Fri Nov 14 13:06:56 MST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would think that something like this will be fairly low down the list,
> but if you come up with your own patches, I am sure that they will be
> gratefully accepted.

Samba is a pretty complex project and none of our developers have been
involved, so it is doubtful that would be effective.

Again, I was just pointing out that we can't be the only distro with this
issue.  Interest in integrating Samba 4 into distros similar to SME Server
is just now picking up steam.  RHEL, for example, doesn't even provide AD
Samba Packages yet.  They are still trying to figure out how to best deploy
Active Directory across all of their services.  Moreover, there has
movement in the Centos community to develop a SIG (
http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup)  to figure out the best way to
deploy full Samba 4 support on Centos based distros.

While Zentyal may provide Samba 4 support, they very likely have this issue
and they don't have a way with dealing with it.  I can't tell where they
are dealing with it by examining their code.  I emailed their devs and
haven't gotten a response back.  I suspect they just aren't dealing with
it.

Greg