Latest leases patchset - getting there !

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Nov 13 17:46:53 MST 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 09:09:05PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> > The current state of play with this new code are:
> >
> > request 		PASS
> > break_twice		PASS
> > nobreakself		PASS
> > upgrade			PASS
> > upgrade2		PASS
> > upgrade3		PASS
> > break			PASS
> > oplock			PASS
> > multibreak		PASS
> > breaking1		--- PASS WITH smbtorture MODIFICATION (*)
>
> fixed in ontop17-3.diff.txt
>
> > breaking2		--- TEST CRASHES in smbtorture.(**)
>
> the crash is fixed in ontop17-3.diff.txt
>
> > complex1		PASS
> > v2_epoch1		PASS
> > v2_epoch2			insane test - see below
> > v2_epoch3			insane test - see below
>
> I've fixed those in ontop17-3.diff.txt
>
> > v2_complex1		FAIL (***) - Should be pass - irrelevent difference with Windows.
>
> make test uses --target=samba3 and ignores this difference.
>
> Just breaking2 is failing now (ontop17-3.diff.txt) ignores it for now.
>
> todo17-3.diff.txt is my attempt to fix breaking2, but there's more work
> to be done.
>
> more comments tomorrow or early next week...

Currently with this patchset (ontop17-3.diff.txt)
+ my fix (to add the lease_version into share_mode_oplock)
it now passes v2_epoch2 and v2_epoch3, but now fails
on nobreakself and multibreak.

So I urgently need to see the full version of
the patchset you're using that passes everything
except breaking2.

I can't productively work on this until we're
re-synced up, sorry - so I'm blocked again.

If you can just email me your complete WIP
patchset that sits on top of current master
I will then have something to work on :-(.

Unfortunately I don't think what you sent
here is what you've been testing.

Jeremy.