Auth fails when I disconnect and reconnect the Windows AD server

Adarsha S s.adarsha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:50:47 MST 2014

Hi,
I've a network setup where in i'm using  samba 3.5.1 installed on my debian
linux machine and windows 2003 as AD server.
After net join happend and winbindd process started authentication works
fine.

How ever when I disconnect the windows 2008 AD and try authenticating I get
"radiusd[29731]: Invalid user: [winson] " which is valid output.

But after I reconnect the windows 2008 AD back to network still I get same
error untill unless
I do net join again.
Once I do net join with the server authentication succeed.

I would like to know the reason for this like why even after server is
connected still authentication fails.

please help me in fixing this senario.

PS: I know i'm using pretty old samba tar ball. But still with latest 3.6
also I faced same issue.

Thanks,
Adarsha