Having problems getting Samba 4.1.12 to work on CentOS 7 ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:59:12 MST 2014

Hi folks, there seems to be something I am missing.

I have the following entries in the smb.conf:

        security = ads
        idmap backend = idmap_rid:RJSDOM=10000-100000000
        idmap uid = 10000-100000000
        idmap gid = 10000-100000000
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind enum users = No
        winbind enum groups = No
        winbind nested groups = Yes

I have managed to join the domain as well.

I have changed /etc/nsswitch.conf so that it says:

passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files winbind
group:      files winbind

and I have winbindd and smbd running and wbinfo -u prints out the
users I expect. However, getent passwd does not show me any Windows
users.

So, something is wrong. Does anyone have any clues?\

They changed so much in RHEL 7 (grumble grumble)

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe