Upgrading Samba

Azhar Sharoof sharoofaz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 01:34:22 MST 2014

Hi,

I installed before 2 years Samba Version 4.0.0alpha18 on Ubuntu 21.02 ,
lately i have a problem with Kerberos (stops listening on port 88). from
what i see from digging in the internet forums this version is outdated and
should be upgraded and couldn't find any solution to my problem.

I'm wondering if there is any way to fix the issue with Kerberos, and if
not what's the best way to upgrade Samba version on other OS (i saw that
the best practice is to install the new samba version on Ububtu 14.04), and
keep all users and domain info.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Azhar