vfs_streams_xattr: stream name prefix and type suffix

Ralph Böhme rb at sernet.de
Tue May 27 10:02:22 MDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 05:24:24PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 02:46:23PM +0200, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> >

> Thanks for the changes. Reviewed-by: me for all 3 patches.

thanks!

> > Btw, what's the rationlae for returning the stream size one byte
> > smaller then the underling xattr? We don't do that in
> > vfs_streams_depot.
>
> You can have 0-sized files but not 0-length xattrs. So we
> store one byte more into the xattr than there is file
> content if we have to simulate ADS with xattrs.

oh right. Still trying to get my head around this wrt to mixed
protocol and local access to xattrs, but it looks like I have a
problem here when xattrs are created on the server by other protocols
(or locally on the server):

On the server:
# setfattr -n user.foo -v bar /path/file

On the client (/path mounted from server):
# xattr -p foo /mount/file
ba

bar? baz? :)

-Ralph

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de,mailto:kontakt@sernet.de