master4-dcerpc-ok

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 22 19:08:02 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-22 at 12:30 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> In source3 it's more work we currently have:
>
> cli_rpc_pipe_open
> cli_rpc_pipe_open_noauth
> cli_rpc_pipe_open_noauth_transport
> cli_rpc_pipe_open_schannel
> cli_rpc_pipe_open_schannel_with_key
> cli_rpc_pipe_open_spnego
> cli_rpc_pipe_open_generic_auth
> rpc_pipe_open_tcp
> rpc_pipe_open_tcp_port
> rpc_pipe_open_np
> rpc_pipe_open_ncalrpc
> rpc_pipe_open_internal
> rpc_pipe_open_interface
>
> Any maybe some more...

:-)

> I hope this explains it a bit.

Thanks, that is really helpful.  Also very helpful was working with this
code in winbindd, because there I start to see how much more powerful
our code can be with this abstraction sorted out.  Being able to use the
same functions on the winbind ndr transport, irpc, internal and
cross-process named pipes is really, really powerful.

I plan on doing a review on this later today.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/