What I'm working on, part 1: Testing clustered samba in selftest
obnox at samba.org
Thu May 22 16:49:46 MDT 2014
I just wanted to let you know what I am working on these days.
I have re-started my work on a clusteredmember selftest
environments that provisions ctdb and samba running on top of
it. The code can be seen in my "master-clusteredmember-selftest"
- clusteredmember selftest env exists and sets up a 1-node cluster
(so that it is not really a cluster yet but the code paths
- make test runs the tests that it runs against the member
environment also against clusteredmember.
- ==> the 89 tests in 32 testsuites all succeed
- But first of all running the tests has unveiled a lock order
violation bug (xattr.tdb vs g_lock.tdb) for which my branch
contains a preliminary fix.
- autobuild's "samba-ctdb" target now runs the clusteredmember
- run more tests against the clustered member env,
especially few smbtorture tests.
- BTW: Looking at selftest, I have noticed that most of
the smbtorture tests are only run against a
dc setup. I'd argue that we should actually
run many of them, especially fileserver-related
tests against a member setup.
- turn the 1-node cluster test env into a 2 or 3 node
cluster. This should be easy.
Cheers - Michael
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the samba-technical