Documentation, How-to - SOHO business server

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon May 19 13:47:14 MDT 2014

Hello Franz,

Am 19.05.2014 20:45, schrieb Franz Pförtsch:
> Please explain how and mit which tool did you create the GPO?
> I have never done this.
>
> I am not a windows guy.

I think GPOs can only be created/edited using the Windows tools. So you
can use any Windows documentation about GPO.

Last year I was at a workshop about Windows Server/AD best practice
(it's very helpful if you are a Linux Admin and have missed a lot about
AD in the past and now use Samba AD :-)). There I got a good book that
helped me a lot: "Windows Server 2008- und Windows
Vista-Gruppenrichtlinien" (ISBN-13: 978-3866456419). This book is in
german, but maybe someone else can recommend a good english book about GPO.

Regards,
Marc