Need Information about using Samba for product

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 9 09:34:35 MDT 2014

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 09:31:37AM +0000, AMIT SAHRAWAT wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> We have interest in using Samba client/Server for our product. Can you please
> share the information regarding the stable commercial supported version not
> falling under GPLv3. Or is there samba Proprietary version which is not GPLv3?
>
> I will highly grateful.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Amit Sahrawat

Thanks for your inquiry Amit.

Samba is Free Software:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

developed in collaboration by many engineers
in many countries, some of whom work for companies
and some do not.

Like Linux, it is not available as proprietary
software or under any other license than GPLv3.

If you have any questions about using Samba
in proprietary products (which many companies
already do successfully, such as Google and
IBM) - but still under the terms of the GPl
of course, then feel free to contact me directly
and we can take the discussions from there.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.