Authentication of non-Domain joined clients with Samba 3.6.12+ joined to W2K12 fails with ACCESS DENIED

Fri May 9 00:28:44 MDT 2014

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 02:24:36PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Richard Sharpe
> <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Does anyone know what is going on here.
> >
> > Non-domain-joined client. Samba 3.6.12+ and W2K12 server.
> >
> > Winbindd says this:
> >
> > [2014/05/07 15:13:33.936864,  1]
> > ../librpc/ndr/ndr.c:284(ndr_print_function_debug)
> >        netr_LogonSamLogonEx: struct netr_LogonSamLogonEx
> >           out: struct netr_LogonSamLogonEx
> >               validation               : *
> >                   validation               : union netr_Validation(case 6)
> >                   sam6                     : NULL
> >               authoritative            : *
> >                   authoritative            : 0x00 (0)
> >               flags                    : *
> >                   flags                    : 0x00000000 (0)
> >               result                   : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> >
> > Is it possible that they are configured for too high an encryption level for us?
> >
> > I know that the credentials are good, because I can use rpcclient with
> > those credentials againts the DC.
>
> By the way, wbinfo -t returns success. The trust password does not
> seem to have changed ...

NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED usually means schannel or credential
chain problems. Is this a heavily loaded winbind with
multiple domain children?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de