s3-winbindd and binding handles

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 7 14:55:07 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 11:17 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> >> My current work in progress is here:
> >> http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ad-dc-winbindd-WIP
> >>
> >> My next goal is to have winbindd answer the SamLogon protocol the
> >> source4 auth system uses, and to extend that to include everything we
> >> need, particularly for the RODC.
> >
> > To me this looks as if the parent winbind loops inside a
> > nested event context processing the irpc request. This would
> > block all other async requests that might be handled
> > concurrently. Am I getting this right?
>
> That depends on the content of winbindd/winbindd_update_rodc_dns.c,
> but that is missing in the commit...
>
> In general the IRPC handler can be implemented asnyc,
> it has to set m->defer_reply = true;
>
> See the wb_irpc_DsrUpdateReadOnlyServerDnsRecords() function in
> source4/winbind/wb_irpc.c.

Correct, and that is what it does because of course it is a copy from
there.  Then it passes it to the winbindd_dual child to actually
implement.  Currently this is manual, but I'm going to make it forward
using a more generic mechanism as I think that could be a very powerful
pattern.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/