In trying to build the SerNet Samba 4.1.7 RPMs from the SRPM, I ran into a problem

Bjoern Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Tue May 6 05:57:35 MDT 2014

Hi Richard,

typically we're installing the prebuild manual pages (probably built by
"make dist") and do not build the manual pages during the rpm package build.

> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/man/man1/gentest.1.gz

The listed manual pages are not build by the make dist, so we do not try
install them. I assume that xsltproc is available on your system, so it
builds the missing manual pages.
To fix this you can remove the additional manual pages before the
installation process starts or add them to the file list to install them.
Look for "#FIXME: %doc %{_mandir}/man1/ldbadd.1.gz ..." in the spec.

I'll figure out how we can fix this upstream.
Thank you for reporting.

Björn

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de