Getting rid of smb_krb5_send_and_recv_func()

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Mon May 5 01:32:50 MDT 2014

On Thursday 01 May 2014 09:31:50 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 11:54 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with Andrew his patches and the preloadable socket_wrapper we're now able
> > to get rid of smb_krb5_send_and_recv_func().
> >
> > I've prepared a patchset here:
> >
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/smb_krb5_se
> > nd_and_recv_func
> >

> > A local 'make test' completed successfully.
>
> My main concern is that this implies that we are backing down from
> Kerberos due to it failing, rather than actually handling this properly.

I don't really get what you want to explain to me. For me this code looks like
it has been created so that heimdal works with socket_wrapper.

> That is, I think we fall into the KDC not found case, and fall back to
> NTLM, when Samba is operating in single process mode.

If we remove this function then heimdal will take care of sending the packet.
doesn't it?

Can you please explain this in more details so that Günther and I understand
the purpose of these functions.

Thanks,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org