The Samba copy file call flow

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu May 1 14:26:57 MDT 2014

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 11:52:12AM +0800, GongJinrong wrote:
> Hi, Jeremy
>
>    I found that if I enable a vfs object(such as full_audit), I can see the
> write_file() print log, but if I don't enable any VFS object, I cannot find
> the file data write operations, can you tell me how samba store a file to
> disk without VFS object? Where is the real file write code?

What version of Samba are you using. What share
definition, what is in your smb.conf. What
backend are you writing onto.

Samba certainly does go via the VFS for
all writes, but it can be using VFS_RECVFILE,
VFS_PWRITE depending on configuration.

Give the list a bit more info and I will
hopefully be able to help more.

Cheers,

	Jeremy