[Samba] Samba documentation team

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Mar 24 04:37:35 MDT 2014

Hai, wanted to be there, but cant, grand parent thingy.

So what i wanted to say, aka my suggestion, in advanced.

Howto install samba ( basis )
- from source - source howto.

- from distro - types distros - howtos
		   - Debian/Ubuntu ( debian based/ example Mint )
				- Debian/ubuntu samba ( And backports )
				- Sernet samba
		   - Centos/Red-hat
		   - OpenSuse

(basic, installed?)

choose setup
- > what kind of setup.
	-> single server	-> setup time,dns,dhcp?
	-> multiple DC	-> setup time,dns,dhcp servers ( for example, dhcp with failover, multimaster dns (BIND9_DLZ), 2 time servers )
	-> Member server	->
	-> Print server	->
	-> Domain Join in samba	  ->
	-> Domain Join in windows ->

- Extra software working with samba.
	- openXchange
	- zafafa
	- some other lots used examples.

remove the full path in the commands ( aka /usr/local/bin ) from samba-tool
now we can use the example commands in any distro.

This is how i'm writing my documentation.

and a "just" samba howto is nice, but we need to handle the dhcp/time and dns also in the howto.
or at least some good examples so users know howto setup.

Greetz,

Louis