v4-1-test and v4-0-test autobuild fail

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 31 00:08:51 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 07:36 +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:07:46AM +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I cannot prepare the release tarballs due to failing autobuilds.
> >
> > -----8<------------------snip--------------8<--------------
> > [2441/3708] Compiling source3/lib/smbd_tevent_queue.c
> > ../source3/lib/smbd_tevent_queue.c:29:29: error: tevent_internal.h: No
> > such file or directory
> > ../source3/lib/smbd_tevent_queue.c:30:25: error: tevent_util.h: No such
> > file or directory
> > Waf: Leaving directory `/memdisk/kseeger/a40/b20756/samba-libs/bin'
> > ----->8------------------snap-------------->8--------------
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I just delayed the releases of Samba 4.0.17 and 4.1.7, because I am not
> able to push the patches through autobuild. I am not sure if it's because
> of one of the new patches or because of autobuild failures.
>
> Could someone have a look, please?

Can we please have some details such as which patches (a link to a git
tree would be helpful) you were trying to push?  This looks to me like a
legitimate error - we have an autobuild target specifically designed to
prevent us releasing a version of Samba that won't build against it's
component libraries.

It's hard to say more without more details, the full logs are often
quite helpful in a situation like this.

To make more immediate progress, I can only suggest from the clues above
to try again without any tevent patches.

Thanks,