Hints required on how to build examples/VFS with waf

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:48:36 MDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Ralph Böhme <rb at sernet.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 09:24:10AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out how to build the stuff in examples/VFS with
>> waf but it keeps escaping me.
>>
>> Can anyone provide some hints?
>
> $ grep -B 3 vfs_shadow_copy_test source3/wscript
>     if Options.options.developer:
>         default_static_modules.extend(TO_LIST('charset_weird'))
>         default_shared_modules.extend(TO_LIST('perfcount_test'))
>         default_shared_modules.extend(TO_LIST('vfs_skel_opaque vfs_skel_transparent vfs_shadow_copy_test'))
>
> So `./configure --enable-developer ...` should do the trick.

Thank you for that ... now I can see that the various build scripts
are included from source3/wscript_build where it has statements like
bld.RECURSE(../examples/VFS) and so on.

The question then is, for those people who have their own VFS modules
and do not want to place them in the Samba source tree, how do they
build with waf? How to the gain access to all the configuration stuff
and so forth.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe