replication rename fixes in 4.1

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Mar 26 13:48:24 MDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

a while ago you fixed some rename problems during incoming replication.

I saw a domain with 4.0 where some corruption happened.

An object was created on DC1 then replicated to DC2.
Then the DCs lost their link and the object was
deleted on DC2 and modified on DC1.

When the link came back DC2 replicated the modification
from DC1 and renamed the object to its original dn,
as always used the incoming dn,
which means the "cn" and "name" attributes doesn't match the rdn
in the dn anymore.

Then the result is replicated back to DC1 and there we have the original dn
and original "name" attribute while "cn" is the correct value with \nDEL.

Is this the problem you intended to fix?

I'm currently trying to write a repair function for this into dbcheck.
https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=3d2711926ff42bc854d4d71fc2ea9776511325f6
is the start to detect the situation...

metze