CTDB failover with multiple VLAN tagged bonded interfaces don't work

Robin Jonsson Robin.Jonsson at enfo.se
Tue Mar 25 13:00:40 MDT 2014

Hi,

I have configured failover for my Gluster volumes using CTDB, which works just fine when I specify one or more IP address on the same VLAN tagged bonded interface like this:

# cat /etc/ctdb/public_addresses
192.168.4.4/26 bond0.123
192.168.4.5/26 bond0.123

When I specify addresses from different VLANs (and subnets) like this, it doesn’t work:
192.168.4.4/26 bond0.123
192.168.4.72/26 bond0.124

… and I get ‘PARTIALLYONLINE’ when running ‘ctdb status’. The first specified interface goes online, the other one doesn’t.

# ctdb status
Number of nodes:2
pnn:0 192.168.4.2      PARTIALLYONLINE (THIS NODE)
pnn:1 192.168.4.3      PARTIALLYONLINE
Generation:624797803
Size:2
hash:0 lmaster:0
hash:1 lmaster:1
Recovery mode:NORMAL (0)
Recovery master:0

I have checked the logs, but I am unable to find anything that I’ve done obviously wrong..

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks in advance,
Robin