[Samba] Samba documentation team

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Mar 24 15:14:17 MDT 2014

Hello,

we had a good first meeting and I'm glad that some people came together
to improve the documentation. Even if our first meeting was a bit
unstructured, it was a good start. ;-)

We saw, that it's not that easy to create a documenation that covers as
much as possible different distros/versions/etc., but is still
maintainable. Even if it may sound a bit bureaucratic, out of this
reason a draft of a "How to write documentation" HowTo arose. :-) A kind
of basic structure new documentation should follow. The draft is
currently in an etherpad
(https://pad.riseup.net/p/How_to_write_documenation) and will be later
on the Wiki.

A further idea was to create a table of content, like the one in the old
Samba HowTo Collection. It should contain links to the different HowTos
and detailed content. A first draft of a TOC we had written all together
in another etherpad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/SambaDoc
Feel free to extend it in a clear and usful way (it's not a wishlist!).

Here's the chat log:
https://cpaste.org/puu3fxjig/b8f5mm/raw

Our next meeting will be next monday (March 31, 2014) at the same time
(7pm CET) in IRC. Of course everybody who want to help is invited
(beginner, developer, proofreader, etc.).

Thanks to everyone who was there for the discussion. I'm sure, it's a
good start for improving the Samba documentation.

Regards,
Marc