FreeBSD/ZFS/S3FS usage and development questions

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Sun Mar 2 15:40:34 MST 2014

Awesome.  Thanks for the info and the patch.  I will use this information
to see what I can do to put together an modified port for testing with an
experimental S3FS + ZFS option to bypass the ACL checks.

I do see now where the FreeBSD port already has the options to build
modules like vfs_zfsacl as an experimental module and this is not installed
by default.  Perhaps that was something I was overlooking also as I was
just adding vfs objects = zfsacl to my shares without having the module
compiled.  Now this is starting to clear it up for me.  Thanks again.

Joe Maloney