GSoC Project in Implement login / logout related counter update

Abhinav Gupta abhinavgupta94 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 04:51:59 MST 2014

Dear Sir,

I am a 3rd year Bachelor in Computer Science student from Birla Institute
of Technology and Science, Pilani. I would like to show my interest in the
given project about implementing login/logout update for samba.

I have been learning samba for quite a while and understanding its network
implementation. I was quite fascinated by the way it interacts itself with
Windows.I have implemented login/logout in linux kernel earlier and this
project seems to be of interest to me.

I have done programming in C,Java,Python,LISP and have done courses in
Computer Programming, Internetworking Technologies, Computer Networks, Data
Structures and Algorithms,Discrete Structures and Logic in CS.

I will need some help on the timestamp and counter part but as I am reading
about them I am pretty confident that I will be able to complete it.
Looking forward for the approval.

Thanking You.
--
Abhinav Gupta