[PATCH] Fix bug #9878 - force user does not work as expected.
jra at samba.org
Mon Mar 17 16:18:57 MDT 2014
I finally tracked down the cause of bug
#9878 - force user does not work as expected
You were correct, my git check-in 86d1e1db8e2747e30c89627cda123fde1e84f579
was the cause. In fixing that I used the wrong
session_info pointer to call check_user_share_access()
Now I understand the problem the fix is
obvious (change the call to check_user_share_access()
inside make_connection_snum() to use the same
session_info pointer that is used
inside change_to_user() to potentially
check access on every packet). Now both
calls check in *exactly* the same way,
and in my testing the correct functionality
from 3.6.x is restored.
Please review and push if you're happy.
I have versions prepared for 4.1.x and
4.0.x once it's in master.
I'm picking you for the review as you
wrote in the bug report:
"Ok, great! I'll also happily work/collaborate on this."
:-). Once this goes in we should really
decide on some tests to ensure we can't
regress on this again.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2301 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the samba-technical