Interested in contributing to Samba through the GSoC

AMiT dtu.amit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 23:24:20 MDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: AMiT <dtu.amit at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Subject: GSoC 2014 :Implement login / logout related counter update
To: abartlet at samba.org

Hello, Andrew

I am a 2nd Year Mathematics & Computing Engineering Student from Delhi
Technological University (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering), INDIA.

*Proficiency in C: Intermediate*

Python: I don't have the Knowledge of Python (I would study If Required).

*Current Status: Researching on the Idea, Reading Documentation, Exploring
Samba & LDAP.*

I am pretty much enthusiastic to work for this Samba Project as it seems
Interesting to me.
"Implement login / logout related counter update"
*(Though I have not finished up with my Research)*

The Moment I saw Programming Language Required is C, this doubled up my
adrenaline rush, to be a part of Samba as a Open Source Developer.
I have gone through the wiki page of Samba GSoC & I could make out that,
the most preferred language of Samba is 'C'.
So, that's enough for me (technically) to contribute.

Looking Forward to contributing to Samba.

With Regards,

*Amit Kumar2nd Year, Mathematics & Computing EngineeringDelhi Technological
University (Formerly DCE)*