Machine account replication and RODCs etc

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:51:59 MST 2014

Hi folks,

We have seen a problem at one customer site where they have an RODC
and a Samba server at the same site.

The code they have is based on Samba 3.6.6.

They joined the domain OK, but after about an hour auth was not
working and when checking wbinfo-t we observed errors of
NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.

I suspect that the machine account had not replicated yet to the RODC
but for some reason we had started using the RODC.

Has anyone seen that? Did the code change in later versions of 3.6.x?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe