ENOSPC returned when trying to expand a TDB file because it runs into the next VM segment and has a large dead record

Mon Mar 3 12:03:38 MST 2014

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 10:35:10AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We are running into tdb problems where tdb_expand_file is getting
> ENOSPC when trying to expand the file. The error is actually happening
> during the pwrite.

Is this ENOSPC real, i.e. is /usr/local/var/locks on a full
filesystem? I'm not sure that tdb handles ENOSPC really
gracefully in the sense that we never generate unexpected
tdb records. Possibly that large dead record is not a real
dead record but space that we tried to allocate from disk
but could not.

How much space do you have left on /usr/local/var/locks?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de