MIT Krb5 KDC in the AD DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 30 16:06:03 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 18:38 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2014 15:03:24 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > G'Day Andreas,
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > I'm just wanting to touch base with you as to how we can progress your
> > MIT KDC efforts?
>
> there were no efforts during my vacation. Günther just rebased the code. We
> will be back working on this and proposing patches by the end of this week
> hopefully.
>
> We will try to write together what to look at and where we see that we need
> improvements.
>
> We know that what we have isn't perfect and some things are ugly but we know
> were we need to rewrite code again to make it cleaner.
>

> So we will try to bring it in a state it is easy you know what to review and
> then have an explanation of the code we think is not ready yet.
>
> Maybe we can have a chat next week then.

I look forward to it.  I didn't want you feeling that I was indifferent
to your efforts here, because on the contrary I see great benefits from
opening Samba's AD DC capability up to platforms that can't use our
embedded Heimdal, and getting out of the Kerberos-library business in
the long term.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/