Missing bsd lib and header checks for Ubuntu 14.04

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Sun Jun 29 16:02:23 MDT 2014

On 17/06/14 17:18, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> It does not seem to be the case:
>
> $ git grep bsd lib/replace/ | grep CHECK
> lib/replace/wscript:        conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('strlcpy strlcat', 'bsd', headers='bsd/string.h',
> It is - the line above is checking for strlcpy in -lbsd. libreplace will
> provide strlcpy itself if it did not find it in libbsd. It would be interesting
> to know why in Julian's case, libreplace did not provide strlcpy even if libbsd was
> not available.
With the installsamba.sh script I was using to build samba we had the
following:

./configure.developer -C --prefix=$SAMBA_PREFIX --builtin-libraries=replace

Removing the --builtin-libraries option and Samba compiles properly
again. We historically had this option back in 2013 with samba4.0.0rc5
to prevent problems with symbols and have never checked if it worked
without it again afterwards. Looks like the initial patch is not needed
anymore. I don't think it therefore requires further investigations.

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Founder

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79