CTDB-samba configuration problems

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:35:00 MDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 9:27 PM, duong.dinhdac <
duong.dinhdac at toshiba-tsdv.com> wrote:

> Dear Samba-technical,
>
> Nice to meet you,
>

> I'm a newbie of CTDB and I'm now trying to use CTDB to implement cluster
> samba.
>
> I know you are supporter for CTDB-samba so could you support me resolve my
> problem?
>
> I have setup follow link http://ctdb.samba.org/configuring.html
>
> and get issue same as link below:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.internals/38183
>
> Thank you for your support.

If you are building from source, here are the steps to follow:

1. Build CTDB
2. Build Samba with cluster support (If you are using recent samba,
--with-cluster-support)
3. Configure CTDB (/etc/ctdb/nodes, /etc/ctdb/public_addresses,
/etc/sysconfig/ctdb or /etc/ctdb/ctdbd.conf if you are using recent ctdb)
4. Configure Samba to enable clustering (clustering = yes in smb.conf)
5. Start CTDB (check the status with "ctdb status")
6. Start Samba

If you are interested in specific set up issue, please include more
details.  For example,
  - CTDB and Samba versions
  - network configuration
  - authentication source