New flapping test: samba4.winbind.struct(s3member:local)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 20 23:33:34 MDT 2014

I just wanted to say that it seems that my work on fixing up the torture
code has run afoul of a new flapping test, added as part of my
ad-dc-winbindd work.

Neither AD DC code, nor winbindd changed in this respect, but what
changed is that I ensured we ran all the tests against all the
combinations, so as to ensure we didn't regress.  It seems we have some
non-deterministic behaviour in winbindd.

[1420/1673 in 1h26m22s] samba4.winbind.struct(s3member:local)
Running WINBINDD_DOMAIN_INFO (struct based)
DOMAIN 'BUILTIN' => '' [ ]
DOMAIN 'LOCALADMEMBER' => '' [ ]
DOMAIN 'SAMBADOMAIN' => 'samba.example.com' [ PR AD NA ]
UNEXPECTED(failure): samba4.winbind.struct.domain_info(s3member:local)
REASON: _StringException: _StringException: ../source4/torture/winbind/struct_based.c:434: rep.data.domain_info.name was SAMBADOMAIN, expected torturedom00: Netbios domain name doesn't match

The other background is that torturedom00 is added from
rpc.lsa.trusted.domains, not from this test, so this has an element of
inter-test interaction to make it extra special (take note anybody
proposing running these things in parallel!).

Naturally, I'm taking a look, but if you could also look into this it
would be most helpful.  I would much prefer to fix rather than ignore
these bugs.

Thanks,