[Review Request] libwbclient-sssd

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 08:38:39 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 01:38:39PM +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 03:37:13PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 05:55:02PM +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> > >
> > > Andrew, Michael, Jeremy,
> > >
> > > thank you for your comments and suggestions. I got the impression that
> > > you prefer that this library will be maintained outside of the samba
> > > tree. If you agree I will port the common code and my additions to the
> > > SSSD build system and maintain it in the SSSD tree.
> > >
> > > I will be looking for discussions about the new winbind interface on
> > > this mailing-list and try to contribute.
> >
> > No, I didn't say that ! I only made some comments on
>
> I didn't meant you personally, I was just summarizing my view on the
> discussion so far :-)
>
> > the macros :-). I'm happy to have it in our tree
> > if you'd prefer it there.
>
> yes, as I said I think there are good reasons to include it in the samba
> tree until a new winbind API is available and I'd be happy to be an
> active maintainer of this library until then.

It would be nice if someone can review the patches. I think as an
external contributer I need two reviews. I have rebased my git tree at
http://fedorapeople.org/cgit/sbose/public_git/samba.git/log/ to a recent
version of the samba master tree. Shall I send the patches to the list
as well?

It would be easy to ask some of my Red Hat co-workers to do the review
but I was hoping for others as well to not make this a Red Hat only
party.

bye,
Sumit