Missing bsd lib and header checks for Ubuntu 14.04

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Jun 17 09:14:30 MDT 2014

On 2014-06-17 at 16:02 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 06:35:02AM -0700, Julien Kerihuel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > While installing latest samba master on Ubuntu 14.04, I ended up with
> > undefined references to rep_strlcpy at linkage time in heimdal hcrypto
> > library (rand-egd.c).
> >
> > I got it solved after I installed libbsd-dev package.
> >
> > I suppose it should have been detected at configure time given that
> > strlcpy and strlcat are only provided by libbsd-dev package on Ubuntu. I
> > am unsure what the proper solution shall be but I would assume adding
> > checks on bsd lib and headers in samba/lib/replace/wscript shall fix the
> > issue:
> >
> > conf.CHECK_LIB('bsd')
> > conf.CHECK_HEADERS('bsd/string.h')
>
> Note that libreplace is already doing these checks. Can you check why these
> checks weren't working as they should?

It does not seem to be the case:

$ git grep bsd lib/replace/ | grep CHECK
lib/replace/wscript:        conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('strlcpy strlcat', 'bsd', headers='bsd/string.h',
lib/replace/wscript:        conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('getpeereid', 'bsd', headers='sys/types.h bsd/unistd.h')
lib/replace/wscript:    if not conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('setproctitle', 'bsd', headers='sys/types.h bsd/unistd.h'):

Cheers - Michael