Missing bsd lib and header checks for Ubuntu 14.04

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Tue Jun 17 07:35:02 MDT 2014

Hi,

While installing latest samba master on Ubuntu 14.04, I ended up with
undefined references to rep_strlcpy at linkage time in heimdal hcrypto
library (rand-egd.c).

I got it solved after I installed libbsd-dev package.

I suppose it should have been detected at configure time given that
strlcpy and strlcat are only provided by libbsd-dev package on Ubuntu. I
am unsure what the proper solution shall be but I would assume adding
checks on bsd lib and headers in samba/lib/replace/wscript shall fix the
issue:

conf.CHECK_LIB('bsd')
conf.CHECK_HEADERS('bsd/string.h')

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Founder

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79