SID Compression and member servers ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:20:57 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM, Hemanth Thummala
<hemanth.thummala at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tested these changes (applied to our 3.6 sources). Fix is working
> fine. Able to retrieve the full group membership even after user logs in
> using Kerberos.

OK, this is good. Now, being able to retrieve the full group
membership with wbinfo is good, the real test is access permissions.

Did you create a directory that allows the creation of files, for
example, only with membership in one of those groups.

If the groups did not get into the token then the problem is not fixed
and you will only know that if:

1. You tested for it explicitly, or
2. You have a log-level 10 log and you see the token printed out and
it contains the correct set of groups.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe