FW: Final GPO Service Video + Code

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 9 02:45:24 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 11:04 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> On 2014-06-05 at 13:13 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> > Trust me - if you're a new contributor and
> > you're just trying to get something fixed in
> > Samba - you won't.
>
> Correct!
>
> But let me make one more comment here:
> A GSOC student is not a random contributor but is
> expected (at least by me) to get the hang of how
> samba development works as part of the GSOC project,
> and this includes coding style and presentation of
> patches, chopping up the changes into logical commits,
> etc. Of course the mentor(s) should greatly help
> the student in mastering this formalism.

So, how would you like to proceed in this case?

We have a great body of code, but also so much more work to do.  It is
really important that we hold out hope for our new contributors, and
it's sad that in this case Luke wasn't able to pick up the required
style during his stint on GSoC, but where do we go from here?

Thanks,