YouCompleteMe

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Thu Jun 5 10:50:57 MDT 2014

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 18:12:35 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> > > What do others think: Should we allow this kind of
> > > convenience in the repo? Only in a special subdirectory?
> > > Or not at all? I don't know.
> >
> > In general, adding things like this don't seem particularly problematic.
> > They're making life more convenient for some folks and don't get in the
> > way.
> >
> > That said, it is more harmful to have outdated files in the tree
> > than to not have them at all. How will the manual list of include
> > directories be kept up to date?
>
> I would normally update it as I use it on a daily bases. It would be easier if
> waf would be able to create a json compilation database.

What about when the next flavour of the month auto-complete plugin
arrives, abandon and move on? .clang_complete is the perfect example of
this.

I realise you find these tools helpful, and only want to share your own
efficiency improvements with others, but I really don't see why these
files can't live outside the core Samba codebase.

Cheers, David