Samba4 DC GPO service

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 2 19:01:56 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-02 at 01:48 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Hi Luke, Matthieu,
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 02:09:59AM +0000, luke morrison wrote:
> > Enclosed is my Summer of Code 2013 patch to have vital password GPO always applied to the Samba4 Domain Controller using a GPO update service.
> >
> > To try it out "make -j" your samba with the patch, apply a security password GPO and see the difference in ~20 seconds. It also takes GPO hierarchy into account. Informant is a test script, run like :
> >
> > sudo python ./source4/scripting/bin/informant -s /home/...smb.conf
> >
> > Can someone please do a review on this please and get back to me at either this email or luc785 at hotmail.com?
> >
> > Thanks again to everyone who helped me with my project last summer. And Matthieu, great mentoring!
> Glad you enjoyed the Summer of Code last year!
>
> This is a giant patch without any tests, mixing various kinds of
> changes. Can you please split it up, and add tests? As it is, it is
> very hard to review.

Garming did a pile of work cleaning this up, and this is at:
http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gpo-update

I don't have any public advance on that, but Luke has been in touch on
IRC trying to make some effort.  It would be lovely to get some of the
work in, I think, so we don't break it removing otherwise unused code,
but much still needs to be done.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/