[Announce] Samba 4.0.20 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Jul 30 03:44:12 MDT 2014

				"I told Mario Goetze, 'go out and show
				 the world you are better than Messi!'"

				 Joachim Loew

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.0 release series.

Changes since 4.0.19:
---------------------

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 3124: s3: smb2: Fix 'xcopy /d' with samba shares.
    * BUG 10653: Samba won't start on a machine configured with only IPv4.
    * BUG 10673: s3: SMB2: Fix leak of blocking lock records in the database.
    * BUG 10684: SMB1 blocking locks can fail notification on unlock, causing
      client timeout.
    * BUG 10685: s3: smbd: Locking, fix off-by one calculation in
      brl_pending_overlap().
    * BUG 10692: wbcCredentialCache fails if challenge_blob is not first.

o   Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
    * BUG 10627: rid_array used before status checked - segmentation fault due
      to null pointer dereference.

o   David Disseldorp <ddiss at samba.org>
    * BUG 10612: printing: Fix purge of all print jobs.

o   Björn Jacke <bj at sernet.de>
    * BUG 3263: net/doc: Make clear that net vampire is for NT4 domains only.
    * BUG 10657: autobuild: Delete $NSS_MODULES in "make clean".

o   Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 10663: msg_channel: Fix a 100% CPU loop.
    * BUG 10680: smbstatus: Fix an uninitialized variable.
    * BUG 10687: 'RW2' smbtorture test fails when -N <numprocs> is set to 2 due
      to the invalid status check in the second client.
    * BUG 10699: smbd: Avoid double-free in get_print_db_byname.

o   Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 10469: ldb-samba: fix a memory leak in
      ldif_canonicalise_objectCategory().
    * BUG 10692: wbcCredentialCache fails if challenge_blob is not first.
    * BUG 10696: Backport autobuild/selftest fixes from master.
    * BUG 10706: s3:smb2_read: let smb2_sendfile_send_data() behave like
      send_file_readX().

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.0 product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.0.20.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy