Samba 4.1.9 and outstanding AIO requests

Krishna Harathi kharathi at exablox.com
Thu Jul 24 15:44:07 MDT 2014

Jones,

Thanks for responding with the options, tried with aio_pthread, did not
make a difference.

I also tried a W8 client connected to a W2007 server and the result is the
same,

What I noticed  in all these cases is that during SMB2 session setup W8
SMB2 client is setting (requesting) "Credits' field to 31.
Samba as well as W2007 server is returning the same Credits = 31 in  the
session response.

Question - Is it this value that dictates how many outstanding AIO possible?

                 - I tried setting windows client registry "Smb2CreditsMin"
to 512 ,and rebooted the client and tested again,  but made no difference.

Any help in getting > 2 AIO requests is appreciated.

Regards.
Krishna Harathi